en vista de los grandes éxitos deportivos y matemáticos recientes déjenme cooperar compartiendo con uds. una lista que menciona el nombre de personas dedicadas a elevar su nivel de inteligencia mathiliztli:
- R. Enríquez G.
- E. López L.
- J. A. Enríquez
- S. B. Rivas
- M. A. Terrazas
- H. E. Torres
- J. M. Blancas
- W. A. Del Real
- A. S. Miramontes
- R. Morales
- L. E. Padilla
- E. Uribe
- S. Zárate
no es obra divina (dioses matemáticos) que su calificación, en las materias que asistieron y bajo mi responsabilidad, haya sido mayor a 89. Sólo queda que sigan trabajando durísimo para que el país donde decidan permanecer sienta el mismo o mayor orgullo que yo experimento.
what is the better time to study? certainly not at the 7:00 a.m. … that had been scientifically proved, where? well, that is your homework.
My personal experience had showed me, for example, that if someone is attending to the algebra moderna’s class at 7:00 a.m. then it is hugely probable you are not gonna make it!
Let me copy from supermemo the following passage:
Myth: It is best to wake up with the sun.
Fact: You should wake up at the time when your body decides it got enough of sleep. If this happens to be midday, a curtain over the window will prevent you from being woken up by the sun. At the same time sun may help you reset your body clock and help you wake up earlier. People who wake up naturally with the sun are indeed among the healthiest creatures on the planet. However, if you do not wake up naturally before 4 am, trying to do so with the help of an alarm clock will only add misery to your life
So, why the rush if our mind is in danger?
When the in-desk-designers of schedule-activities gonna adapt for this fata morgana of believe: wake up early to profit the day
This is not a minor subject
Recently, I was invited to give a welcome-talk to the new alumni incorporated to the licenciatura of mathematics in the Departament of Maths at CUCEI. Here I write a modified version trying to include some things left in the inkbottle.
The fundamental maths are
- mathematical logic
- set theory
- category theory
which you are learning or going to learn and aimed to give local and global estructure to each theory developed here in math.
But the basic (or pures) are:
- algebra (formal and operational features inter objects, in and inter set of objects, in and inter categories of objects. Estructures: groupoids, semigroups, groups, rings, fields, vector spaces, modules, algebras, Lie groups and Lie algebras,… )
- analysis (math on the limits phenomena, con- and di- vergence, math of measures, optimization, change and direction of change,…)
- geometry (euclidean spaces, abstract-reality, proto-physics, abstract spaces, distance, metric, relativity,..)
- equations (O.D.E., P.D.E., I.E., dynamical systems, chaos, evolution, prediction, simulation,…)
- to what? Response: to make stronger the abstract vision or perception of reality!
- where is topology? Response: among all these four!
- what are they good for? Response: to abstract as many as kinds of math structures or phenomena!
- can be applied? Response: they are endo-applied to themselves, but due that applied maths are source of many could-be-abstracted-maths then it isn’t strange that those applications of basic-maths are greatly appreciated and rewarded!
- may anybody make a living on this knowledge? Response: yes, just look and seek at the right directions: universities, research institutions, science schools, industry, business, goverment,…
- are educative-mathematics, mathematics? Response: no way! there is not a single known theorem. At most conform a body of disorganized psychological statements about mind processes from as many as diverse cultures or countries in the world are.
Of course, those question need a more elaborated answers and only reflect part of my ignorance’s state of affairs. however once enunciated everyone should seek its own internal one, even formulate new.
The elementary maths are those that every-living-one should masters to be well equiped to solve every-day-challenges and business until the first year in a licenciatura, these maths are for any living brain. Even engineers should or could grasp. Those persons who think that learning how to transmit elementary maths they are going to live a intellectual paradise of math gonna find themselves in a struggle with may others which feel themselves mathematicians but far from modern-beautiful-ones, poor little minds! they’re gonna suffer the curse of repeat the most boring part of a teaching career. It is better try to learn good level of math to gain access to better intellectual goals.
In the verge of the almost start of the next semester, I would like to mention a few words for the lectures on multilinear algebra calendar 2009B at CUCEI. It has to see with the overall plan to be developed along the weeks comprising from august to december, for a 16 weeks period…
Filed under algebra, math
es la institución donde trabajo yo y otros estudiantes y amigos que queremos hacer avanzar las matemáticas, pero aveces se tiene la sensación que con la cantidad de recursos que se tienen se podría hacer más.
Para mi destacan como personas y como intelectos:
- María de la Paz
- David I.B.
- Adrián C.L.
- Miguel R.O., Alonso C.
- Paul, Jose Luis, Mario Ga., Mario Go., Ivan V.
- Francisco, Felix A., Mónica, Gris, Filemón F.
- Luis R., Marco
- Marco A.L.Z., J. Eduardo U.C., Mayra P.G.A.
- Fernando B.
- Juan Martín C., Oswaldo C.
y otros pocos más, y a los cuales pido disculpas por no mencionarles, la gran restante mayoría sólo se hacen patos, parece …